Thor – Heavy Duty Alpino from 6.5 to 8.5 Ton
The Thor heavy duty Alpino and Mignon log splitters are designed for ease of use giving a long work life, suitable for both home and commercial use.
Description and features:
- The controls are of the “System-LEADER” type (THOR patent). These log-splitters for domestic use with cutting forces of 6.5 to 8.5 tonnes are strong, versatile, and easy to use.
- Very fast cutting and return speeds – 8.5 Aplino cuts up to 10cm per second with a return speed of over 12cms per second
- They split very big and difficult logs up to about 45 cm dia.
- The cutting stroke is adjustable between 2 and 50 cm.
- Up to 3 working heights, 54 / 67 / 105 cm, can be adjusted by using the tables (special order)
- The transport wheels are semi-full wheels :
- 20 cm diameter on the 6.5 ton model
- 25 cm diameter on the 8.5 ton model
New Alpino models
Due to EU regulations Thor log splitters, like all other manufacturers, have had to make changes to their log splitters to meet these regulations. We still have some of the old models in stock but we have sold out of some models. Please note that some of the images and videos may be of the old type and as well as the new type. Listed below are the new features on the range of splitters:
- Double Side Extensions
- Double Fall arrest guards mounted on levers
Models and Specification
“I originally purchase the Thor log splitter from another distributor in England, before Davies Implements were dealers. I have had this 6 ton model now for approximately 10 years. It’s one of the best bits of kit that I have owned. Strong and well made and no log has ever beaten it, even knotty bits of oak, nor has it ever let me down. We burn a lot of wood having two wood burners to keep going, so reliability is an important issue to us.
Although the unit is described as for “Domestic use” I would suggest it is so well made and has been completely reliable for all this time. In my opinion it’s more than just a domestic machine. The backup for advice and spares is excellent so no problems there.
I particularly like the foot pedal idea (System leader) used to clamp the log before splitting it’s a brilliant safety feature as is the fact both hands are out of the way in operation and on the two hand controls, very well thought out.
For years I had split logs by hand, it’s good exercise but very tiring when splitting large amounts of logs. With this machine 2 to 3 hours and one can get through pretty impressive quantities with minimum effort.
If any one has any doubts as to what can be achieved please see the photo provided with the testimonial. This is what I have split recently”
Mr. Clive Furr, Near Llansadwrn, Llanwrda, Carmarthenshire
Please note that the new models have not yet been added to the price list