Thor – Heavy Duty 11 ton Mignon log splitters
The Thor heavy duty Mignon log splitters are designed for ease of use, thanks to the ‘System-LEADER’, giving a long work life, suitable for both home and commercial use.
- The commands are of the ‘System-LEADER’ type. Exclusive log centering control with pedal.
- The splitting stroke is adjustable between 2 and 50 cm.
- Fixed table working position: 54 cm.
The cutter guides are made of long lasting ertalon.
- They are very easy to use and move.
- The transport wheels are 40 cm diameter pneumatic wheels (not as displayed in images)
- NEW Frame and splitting table
- NEW Double side extensions
- NEW Double fall arrest guards mounted on the levers
- NEW *Log lifter as shown in video below is an optional extra
Models and Specification
“I originally purchase the Thor log splitter from another distributor in England, before Davies Implements were dealers. I have had this 6 ton model now for approximately 10 years. It’s one of the best bits of kit that I have owned. Strong and well made and no log has ever beaten it, even knotty bits of oak, nor has it ever let me down. We burn a lot of wood having two wood burners to keep going, so reliability is an important issue to us.
Although the unit is described as for “Domestic use” I would suggest it is so well made and has been completely reliable for all this time. In my opinion it’s more than just a domestic machine. The backup for advice and spares is excellent so no problems there.
I particularly like the foot pedal idea (System leader) used to clamp the log before splitting it’s a brilliant safety feature as is the fact both hands are out of the way in operation and on the two hand controls, very well thought out.
For years I had split logs by hand, it’s good exercise but very tiring when splitting large amounts of logs. With this machine 2 to 3 hours and one can get through pretty impressive quantities with minimum effort.
If any one has any doubts as to what can be achieved please see the photo provided with the testimonial. This is what I have split recently”
Mr. Clive Furr, Near Llansadwrn, Llanwrda, Carmarthenshire