The new generation of BandSaw mills with power and capacity at an extremely competitive price
B1001 is the largest of Logosol´s Bandsaw mills. The model is Swedish made and offers a revolutionary design. Logs up to 1000mm diameter can be processed on this sawmill. A unique height adjustment of the sawhead enables you to cut with precision every time.
Logosol B1001 is an extremely stable bandsaw mill that gives a high capacity. The sturdy rail is designed to be able to handle the weight of logs up to 1000mm in diameter with a good margin.
The B1001 is easier to setup and use compared to similar brands in the same class. An big advantage is the height adjustment which is adjusted by fixed steps. That ensures that you make a quick and exact adjustment of the sawhead every time. A full turn is always 1” and you add another 1/8” for the kerf. On the scale of the height adjustment there is a Last Cut-Indicator that saves where your last cut was made which works as a clear reference before the next cut is made. That allows you to work quickly and comfortably with an accurate cutting result.
Powerful log clamps
The log clamps are equipped with sturdy handles and a robust design which ensures that the log is held in place with a great deal of force without leaving deep marks in the wood. They work equally well on round logs as well as on a square block that is cut into boards.
A standard equipped B1001 can cut logs up to 4.8m in length and up to 1000mm in diameter. If longer lengths are needed the rail can be extended to the desirable length. The sturdy rail and log bed is designed to be placed on the ground. If the sawmill needs to be moved it can be loaded on a normal braked trailer and towed to the location where it will be used.
A pipe construction for the rail optimises the torsional stiffness which gives you a fairly light but robust rail that remains straight even when heavy logs are loaded on to it.
The bandwheels are made out of alloy and are combined fan wheels that cool the sawbade and work as an air braker. The fan wheels blow the sawdust out of the cover and help keep the sawhead clean which is an advantage when changing the blade or when other maintenance services are made on the machine.
Power adds capacity
The powerful motors give you extra capacity. The petrol version is 23hp and the electric version is 12kW 3-phase 400V. The 23hp petrol engine from Briggs & Stratton is Japanese made and for professional usage.
The electric motor is highly efficient and can give close to dual power output during the cutting operation if necessary.
The Logosol LM410 XL Log House Moulder fits the rail of the B1001 and is available in either a petrol or electric version. The cutter block is 410mm wide which allows for profiling large log house beams or just planing square beams. Extensions and other accessories can upgrade the B1001 to suit your business.
Prepared for automation
The Logosol Smart Set is a completely new way of controlling the sawmilling for sawmills in this class. Instead of outdated and expensive hydraulics the Logosol Smart Set is built from smart electric motors and a modern user interface where you can completely control your sawmill digitally. It has precision down to a hundreths of a millimeter.
The first step is the automatic feeding and height adjustment of the sawhead. From that you can add on the rest of the log handling functions as you go.
During the last two years Logosol has been developing this system from the ground up to revolutionise and simplify sawmilling for customers around world.
The Logosol Smart Set will be launched in 2018 and can be added to every B1001 Band Sawmill.
Ready to go
The Logosol B1001 is a very competent Band Sawmill. The sawhead is delivered pre-assembled and comes with a detailed user and assembly manual. You only have to assemble the rail and then you are ready to start production which makes the setup time quick. The B1001 comes with a sawblade, two log clamps, adjustable feet, two log rests, water cooling, adjustable blade guides and the Logosol safety package with the 2-year manufacturing warranty and free support.
The Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill will be soon available with a trailer package allowing your sawmill to be a portable bandsaw mill.
- Powerful motor/engine options. The petrol version is 23hp and the electric version is 12kW.
- Reliable rail with a pipe construction that remains straight even under a heavy load. The bed can be erected and extremely quickly and easily.
- A stable sawhead construction that gives you a fantastic sawing result. Also pre-assembled sawhead and is simple to setup.
- Powder coated aluminum water tank forms a strong sawhead cross member.
- Chain height adjustment within the steel columns for protection and neat look.
- Standard cutting length is 4.8m. If you need to cut longer logs you can add 1.15m extension.
- The best manual height adjustment of the sawhead on the market. The sawhead is adjusted with fixed steps. A full turn is always 1” and you add another 1/8” for the kerf.
- Last-Cut Indicator on the scale for the height adjustment gives you a reference for the next cut.
- A patent-pending log clamp with sturdy handle and robust design is included. It secures the log with great force without damaging the timber. It works just as well when you are taking the first cuts as when cutting the last thin board
- Exact blade guides that you´ll only see on larger or more expensive Band Sawmills.
- Patented bandwheels in alloy work as combined fan wheels that cool the sawblade and works as an air braker. This helps keep the cover clean from sawdust and if you connect a chip extractor the work site will also be a lot cleaner. This is a big advantage especially when you are changing blades or doing maintenance service on the sawmill.
- A round saw dust discharge chute allows the sawdust to be collected if required.
- Choose which side you want to load the logs onto the bed when building the sawmill bed.
- Adjustable feet are included.
- Max. Log diameter: 1001mm
- Max. Cutting width: 850m
- Max. Cutting length: 4.8m
- Min. Thickness on the last board: 24mm
- Petrol Motor: 23hp
- Electric Motor: 12kW 3-phase 400V 50hz
- Width: 33mm
- Rotational speed: 30 m/s
- Diameter: 500mm
- Maintenace free bearings
- Integrated fan for cooling and effective cleaning of the cover.
Make you mill mobile with a choice of trailer kits
Non road legal towing kit
The sawmill, fitted with the trailer kit, will weigh less than 750kgs and is therefore unbraked. The kit can be retro fitted to the sawmill at a later date. Please note that this trailer kit is not legal for fast towing.
- Smart two-position drawbar. The drawbar is pulled out when transporting and pushed back when sawing. This means that you can move freely around the sawmill without tripping over the trailer coupler.
- The rail frame is self-supporting and reinforced at the wheel axle mounts.
- Quick-release attachments for the fenders.
- Attachment for securing the sawhead and the saw carriage during transportation.
- Level the sawmill on uneven ground easily thanks to its adjustable support legs.
Road legal towing kit
Recently, new legislation was introduced affecting towed machinery. Logosol understand the importance of offering a road legal mobile sawmill and have developed a road legal kit. Each mill will need inspecting by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) for approval. Please see in the gallery below for detailed images of the trailer kit.
Other accessories available
- Big log supports: Part No. 8210-001-0015
- Extra log clamp: Part No. 8210-001-0020
- 1.15 metre extension: Part No. 8310-001-0005
- Manual Toe Board: Part No. 8310-001-0010
- Manual Hydraulic Toe Board: Part No. 8310-001-0030
- Protective cover for sawhead: Part NO. 9031-011-0005
- Log rest holder kit: Part No. 8210-001-0025
- Trailer package with support legs: Part No. 8310-001-0035
- Manual log loader with log turning
- Heavy duty log clamps and rests
Available soon on the PRO version
- Electric Height adjustment – NOW AVAILABLE
- Electric feeding of saw head – NOW AVAILABLE
- Electric log turner – Available soon
- Electric log rests/log clamps – Available soon
- Electric toe boards – Available soon
portable bandsaw mill portable sawmill portable saw mill mobile bandsaw mill Road legal bandsaw mill